Due to Google's restrictions on the embedded Internet Explorer browser, this addon is no longer fully functional with ILLiad 9.1 or 9.0.
A new, fully functional version of the addon that uses an embedded Chromium browser is available for installation and use with ILLiad 9.2*: ILLiad Google Scholar Search - Chromium
*Note that ILLiad 9.2 is scheduled for release in February 2022.
|Name||Google Scholar Search|
|Author||Atlas Systems, Inc.|
|Description||The Google Scholar Search Addon allows you to perform an article title search on Google Scholar. Google Scholar Search performs the search using the PhotoArticleTitle.|
Due to Google's restrictions on the embedded Internet Explorer browser, this addon is no longer fully functional and is unavailable for download.
Addon settings are configured in the Manage Addons form.
Google Scholar Search performs a Google Scholar search for the PhotoArticleTitle for articles. Google Scholar Search is Not Active by default. To use the Addon and show the tab on your Request form, select Yes and Save Settings.
|AutoSearch||True||Boolean||Defines whether the search should be automatically performed when the form opens.|
Using this Addon
- To use the Google Scholar Search Addon, click the Google Scholar Search tab on the Article request form.
- If Google Scholar Search has been set to search automatically for the PhotoArticleTitle, the form will open to a list of the search results from Google Scholar Search.
- Click on the item in Google Scholar Search you want to select to bring up that item page.
- If the search is not set to start automatically, you will see a blank page instead of a list of Google Scholar Search results.
- Start the search by clicking the Search button on the Google Scholar Search ribbon.
- Use the Back, Forward, Stop and Refresh buttons on the Google Scholar Search ribbon to move between pages, refresh pages and stop loading a page.